Show your pup(s) some love with a batch of doughnuts! Quick and easy to make and packed with flavor. My dogs love these delicious treats - and soon, your furry friends will crave them, too!
The 4th of June was National Doughnut Day. And since I didn't want my three pups to feel left out, I baked them their very own doughnuts. Of course, these treats only use a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand. So, this week, instead of writing about my passion for writing, and everything associated with it, instead I shall share my recipe for these yummy pumpkin-banana doughnuts.
It's no secret that I love to spoil my dogs. What can I say? I love to bake - for my canine companions just as much as for my human family members. But what I love even more about my homemade dog treats is that I know what my dogs are ingesting. For many years, it has been my tradition to bake yummy treats for my furry friends to help celebrate whatever the occasion may be. While the baked goodies are made for my dogs and their friends, they can also be consumed by humans, although they might not be to their liking due to the lack of sugars.
Ingredients for Doughnuts:
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- sprinkles (optional)
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set it aside.
3. Mash banana in mixing bowl.
4. Add honey, pumpkin, and eggs. Mix on medium speed until blended and smooth.
5. Add flour and baking powder, and mix on low until combined.
6. Move the dough onto a floured work surface. The dough should be slightly sticky. Add more flour if necessary.
7. Roll dough out to 1-inch thickness.
8. Use cookie cutters to cut out doughnuts and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the doughnuts comes out clean.
9. Remove doughnuts from the oven and allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
10. Once the doughnuts have cooled, frost them with cream cheese/sour cream mixture and garnish with sprinkles, if desired. This recipe yields six doughnuts.
Do you love baking for your pup(s)? So do I! Over the years, I've prepared many homemade canine meals, such as this yummy wholesome canine Thanksgiving dinner or these delicious birthday pupcakes. Looking for more recipes? Check here: LIVING WITH CANINE EPILEPSY.
You can serve these doughnuts to your pup(s) with or without the frosting. It's entirely up to you.
The ingredients in this recipe are generally recognized as safe for dogs. And although I am comfortable feeding these treats to my furry friends, I always like to suggest consulting your vet beforehand.
Thank you for stopping by, and Happy Baking!
Piper is the author of several non-fiction books and recently added six historical fiction novels to her ever-expanding collection of published writings, In the Shadow of Her Majesty , The Country Girl Empress, A Life in the Shadow of the Crown, The Perpetual Traveler, Excerpts from the Imperial Diary, and At the Castle of Dreams. When she isn't busy typing on her computer, she can be found chasing after her furry children or holding on tightly to a good cup of coffee. Follow her on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Goodreads.
Don't forget to share this post! Choose your platform below: