With Valentine's Day just around the corner I thought this the perfect time to share this yummy dog treat recipe with you. Show your furry companions that you love them, with homemade Valentine's Day Cookies. They are made with all the things dogs love, such as peanut butter (please read the label beforehand and make sure it doesn't contain any artificial sweeteners, especially Xylitol), pumpkin puree (soothes the stomach) and coconut flour (an excellent grain alternative for dogs with allergies). Another drool-worthy dog treat that's easy to make!
1 1/4 cups coconut flour
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup of shredded carrots
1 Tbsp pure pumpkin puree
1/3 cup honey
2 large eggs
1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
1 Tbsp beet juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a large bowl mix flour, peanut butter, carrots, pumpkin puree, honey and eggs. If dough seems a little dry add a bit of cold water; if the dough seems a little too soft, add a bit more flour.
- Roll out cookie dough, cut out cookies with cookie cutter, and and place cookies 1/2 inch apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies for approximately 18 minutes.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- When cookies are cooled, mix yogurt with beet juice and beat the mixture until it has thickened.
- Let frosting sit for 10 minutes to thicken further.
- Frost cookies and add sprinkles.
- Chill cookies in refrigerator for at least two hours.
Since these cookies are made without any preservatives, I recommend keeping them refrigerated. Hope your furry friends enjoy those cookies as much as mine do!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Piper is the author of several non-fiction books, and recently added five historical fiction novels to her ever-expanding collection of published writings, In the Shadow of Her Majesty, The Country Girl Empress, A Life in the Shadow of the Crown, The Perpetual Traveler, and Excerpts from the Imperial Diary. When she isn't busy typing on her computer, she can be found chasing after her furry children or holding on tightly to a good cup of coffee. Follow her on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and Goodreads.
Don't forget to share this post! Choose your platform below: